Skip to content
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 Tblsp chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp vegtable oil
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham, divided
- 1-1/2 cups(6 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9in)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and cheese.
- Combine eggs and cream; pour over the ham and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If needed, cover the crust with foil to prevent excess browning.
Yeild: 6 servings
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbs vegtable oil 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cubes beef bullion, crumbled 4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups water 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried parsley 2 tsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve boullion in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tsps cold water and stir into stew. cover and simmer 1 more hour.
- 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend(12oz)
- 1 can enchilada sauce(10 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies undrained
- 4 medium green onions sliced (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Lettuce
- 8 flour tortillas;8 inch
- 1 medium tomato chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 can re-fried beans
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13×9 inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, the chilies and sour cream.
- Layer 3 tortillas in baking dish, overlapping as necessary and placing slightly up sides of dish. spread about half of the beans over the tortillas. top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the enchilada sauce. layer with 3 more tortillas and remaining beans and chicken mixture. place remaining 2 tortillas over chicken and beans. pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top. sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. bake 45-55 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. garnish with onions, lettuce and tomato
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork will work well also)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or use enough to hold the meat together (no dry breadcrumbs? just soak 3 slices of bread in the 1/3 )
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt to taste, I use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk (can use up to 1/2 cup milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional, or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape into small meatballs (at this point you can place on a jelly-roll/baking sheet and freeze to use later, or cover with plastic wrap refrigerate up to 24 hours before using).
- Drop the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce, do not stir for at least 20 minutes or you will risk breaking the meatballs, .Continue cooking in the simmering sauce for another 20 minutes (depending on how fast your sauce is simmering 40 minutes total should fully cook the meatballs).
- After the 40 minutes cooking time continue cooking your sauce with the meatballs in for as long as desired.
- **note** you may also bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 oz. each) 1-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup A-1 sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp dried marjoram leaves, crushed
- Sprinkle pepper over both sides of steaks pressing them in to secure them to the meat
- Cook steaks in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove steaks from skillet, reserving drippings tent with foil to keep steaks warm and to rest.
- Add onions to drippings cook and stir on medium-high heat 3-4 minutes until tender. add steak sauce, wine and marjoram. mix well. bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 min. or until thickened. serve over steaks.
- 3 lbs. pork baby back ribs
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat grill to medium
- Place half of the ribs in single layer on large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Mix sugar and seasonings; rub half onto both sides of ribs. Bring up foil sides double fold top and one end to seal packet. Add 1/4 cup water to packet through one end. Double fold remaining end leaving room for heat circulation inside. repeat to make second packet.
- Grill 45 min. to 1 hour or until ribs are done. Remove ribs from foil; discard foil
- Return ribs to grill; brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Grill 15 min, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 Tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen apple cider concentrate, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- seasoning Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C)
- Heat olive oil in a large oven safe frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chops with salt , pepper, garlic, and poultry seasoning. Place in hot oil, and brown both sides. Drizzle worchestershire sauce over the chops, and pour in apple cider
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove chops to a plate, and return frying pan to stove over medium high heat. Stir sherry into pan, and boil until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. serve sauce over chops.
- 4-6 lbs beef brisket
- 2 Tbs liquid smoke
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps celery seeds
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsps Worchestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Mix ingredients and cover both sides of meat.
- Wrap in foil and seal
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 5 hours, or 275 degree oven for 6 hours
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning!