- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 oz. each) 1-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup A-1 sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp dried marjoram leaves, crushed
- Sprinkle pepper over both sides of steaks pressing them in to secure them to the meat
- Cook steaks in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove steaks from skillet, reserving drippings tent with foil to keep steaks warm and to rest.
- Add onions to drippings cook and stir on medium-high heat 3-4 minutes until tender. add steak sauce, wine and marjoram. mix well. bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 min. or until thickened. serve over steaks.