- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.